Sunday, January 6, 2013

Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it - error?

Q. Okay. Well. I keep getting the "Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it" message after I plug in my webcam AND it also turns out that my entire Device Manager is empty. There are absolutely no updates and it's really stressful. Please help.

A. You have bigger problems if device manager is empty. Restart your computer to see if you can get device manager to work. If at that point your driver doesn't work, try a 3rd party software like NCH Software.


My Dell Dimension 4700 is slow now - should I replace the hard drive or something and how do I do that?
Q. I have been getting Windows delayed write error messages and device driver error messages too. I bought my computer in 2004. It has Windows XP. I can't get Adobe to work anymore and some other programs don't work either. I bought a laptop, but I want to fix the old Dimension PC too.

A. Using a registry cleaner can clean up your computer and then make your computer faster,Why?the reason is that there may be some regsitry errors and remnant,corrupt files and temp files in your computer to cause "computer slow".
Everytime you install and uninstall software on your computer and surfing online you create junk in the computer registry.over time, the registry can grow to enormous proportions, especially if the various programs you've installed do not do a good job of deleting and/or updating it's Registry entries.You need to scan and clean your computer with registry cleaner to make it fast.Good Regisry Cleaner will improve your computer and Internet performance dramatically!
There are some comparison and review of TOP 5 registry cleaners.
http://www.make-pc-fast.com/
You can download and scan your computer for free.


How do I remove Ubuntu Linux and restore Windows XP. I receive an error message when I insert the XP cd.?
Q. I can't install any of my window drivers now that Linux is the OS.

A. I think you got confused.

When you installed Linux, you were given the option to completely wipe your system and remove everything by installing ONLY Ubuntu.

I'd have told you that when you have XP installed, and want to install Ubuntu, you should install Ubuntu by making some space on your hard disk and installing it there - and then you can boot either XP or Ubuntu.

Ubuntu uses drivers designed for a linux environment.
Windows uses drivers designed for Microsoft environment - what drivers are you having trouble with? With my desktop, I did a right click on the desktop, and selected 'appearances' then 'visual effects' and then 'custom' - which requires a graphics card. Then I get a dialogue saying 'restricted hardware driver available, authorization required'.

For any closed-source or non-free software installation, you must install and authorise yourself.

I'd advise you put in the XP disk and format, install, but leave a space on your hard drive (i.e. if your drive is 160GB, use 80GB for Windows, and then put Ubuntu on the other 80%).

It's much nicer to have two OS's than one - I keep XP for games, and Ubuntu for everything else - but it's taken me a year of messing before I feel comfortable with Ubuntu (it took 4 years with XP - and even then I wouldn't use the word 'comfortable').

You can relax more if you have a choice when you boot - one fails, boot the other.


What are the risks associated with (vehicle) operating systems?
Q. Many everyday devices - including cars and other vehicles - are controlled by operating systems. There are advantages, such as avoiding possible driver errors and the ability to change the speed of or reroute trains automatically to avoid collisions. But are there potential risks, as well?

For example, Thailand's Finance Minister once had to be rescued from inside his limousine after the onboard computer malfunctioned, leaving the vehicle immobilized and the door locks, power windows, and air conditioning not functioning. Do you think the benefits of increased automation of devices that could put us in danger if they malfunction outweigh the risks?

What types of safeguards should be incorporated into computer-controlled cars, subway trains, and other automated vehicles? What about medication dispensers and other automated medical devices?

A. Best thing to do is get rid of all computers in cars. I started driving in 1965 with a car that had an AM radio and nothing else. Like most every other car on the road. We survived quite nicely because we had to be good drivers and not rely on the car to do it for us.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment